Let there be light!

As usual I have been slacking at updating my blog. I am still tinkering with my electronics projects but have been busy with other stuff lately.

Sylver and I have been talking about putting in a ceiling fan and some can lighting in our family room. I finally decided to tackle the project last a couple weeks ago. Here are some photos of the project.

The blue tape is where we planned on the lights going.
The blue tape is where we planned on the lights going.
I was a little surprised to find the joists switched directions on me!
I was a little surprised to find the joists switched directions on me! The lines are where the joists ended up being.
2014-02-15 18.57.03
The lights and fan worked.
first coat
First coat of mud.
First couple coats of mud.
Second coat.
I originally tried to put a two gang box right next to the existing 3 switches. The spacing didn't allow the plate to fit across all the switches!
I originally tried to put a two gang box right next to the existing 3 switches. The spacing didn’t allow the plate to fit across all the switches!
After I moved the 2 new switches to the other stud.
After I moved the 2 new switches to the other stud.
After the first coat of primer.
After the first coat of primer.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to feather the ceiling paint in. The way our first floor is laid out, the ceiling has no natural stopping points! I am having the whole ceiling re-painted next week.
Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to feather the ceiling paint in. The way our first floor is laid out, the ceiling has no natural stopping points! I am having the whole ceiling re-painted next week.